All Things Necessary: A Practical Guide for Episcopal Church Musicians
by Marti Rideout
NOTE: Downloaded eBook items are not returnable and may only be downloaded to a PC, Mac or the Mardel Reader App. These items are not available in Mardel store locations. They cannot be burned to CD or DVD.
Mardel Price $19.00
Description of All Things Necessary: A Practical Guide for Episcopal Church Musicians by Marti Rideout
A Guide to the Practice of Church Music by Marion J. Hatchett was published by Church Hymnal Corporation in 1989 and was an invaluable resource for church musicians, clergy, and educational programs in the church, such as the Leadership Program for Musicians (LPM). Since that time our liturgical language expanded and changed the scope of our worship offerings. The hymnody of other cultures, as well as hymn writers from the past thirty years, has influenced congregational song. The use of the Revised Common Lectionary has necessitated the need for new liturgical and music planning texts.
All Things Necessary: A Practical Guide for Episcopal Church Musicians by Marti Rideout is a resource for musicians serving in Episcopal Churches who come from other denominations; clergy who desire to have a deeper appreciation for church music and who seek a resource that will help them in their ministries; those who are new to church work, and those who have served the church but desire to expand their knowledge. This book provides:
- Comprehensive information about the Episcopal Church, The Book of Common Prayer (1979), liturgical resources published since then and the opportunities for music within the various rites, The Hymnal 1982 and all hymnal supplements and resources written since that publication.
- A philosophy of music in the Episcopal Church.
- A complete compilation of service music and canticles for the Daily Offices, Holy Eucharist and Sacraments from Church Publishing's six main hymnal sources.
- Suggestions for the singing of Psalms and planning liturgies throughout the liturgical year.
- Extensive lists of sources for most aspects of church music and liturgy, terms and definitions from an Episcopal perspective, and a practical bibliography.
|Product:|| All Things Necessary: A Practical Guide for Episcopal Church Musicians|
|Author:|| Marti Rideout|
|Edition Number:|| 0|
|Binding Type:|| Encrypted ePub|
|Media Type:|| eBook|
|Number of Pages:|| 240|
|Publisher:|| Church Publishing|
|Publication Date:|| January 2013|
|Street Date:|| 1/1/2013|
There are currently no reviews for All Things Necessary: A Practical Guide for Episcopal Church Musicians.