"The exchanged life."
Hudson Taylor first used the term to describe what it means to know Christ as our sufficiency in all things.
Taylor is but one of the many Christian luminaries who have discovered Christ as the secret to abundant living. John Bunyan, Andrew Murray, Amy Carmichael, Oswald Chambers, Charles Finney--behind the varied lives and personalities of these and other men and women lies a common theme, a pattern that leads from desperation to the abundant life Jesus promised. From their stories, we too can find the path to deeper faith and a more vital relationship with God.
In They Found the Secret, Raymond Edman presents the lives of twenty well-known and little-known Christians. "The details of their experience of the crisis of the deeper life are delightfully different," Edman writes, "yet their testimony to the reality of the joy and power of the Spirit-filled life is unanimous...It is [the Lord] who satisfies the longing soul. He is the secret of the exchanged life!"
- J. Hudson Taylor: The Exchanged Life
- Samuel Logan Brengle: The Cleansed Life
- John Bunyan: The Unchained Life
- Amy Carmichael: The Radiant Life
- Oswald Chambers: The Highest Life
- Charles Grandison Finney: The Powerful Life
- Adorniram Judson Gordon: The Disciplined Life
- Richard C. Halverson: The Burning Life
- Frances Ridley Havergal: The Overflowing Life
- John Hyde: The Prevailing Life
- Dwight Lyman Moody: The Dynamic Life
- Handley C. G. Moule: The Fragrant Life
- Andrew Murray: The Abiding Life
- Robert E. Nicholas: The Satisfying Life
- William P. Nicholson: The Soul-Winning Life
- Eugenia Price: The Buoyant Life
- Charles G. Trumbull: The Victorious Life
- Walter L. Wilson: The Yielded Life
- John Allan Wood: The Holy Life
- W. Ian Thomas: The Adventurous Life