Are you growing tired of all the ways you've tried to bring about change in your marriage? The silent treatment, nagging, one-way discussions, and pleading don't appear to be working. Set aside those broken methods for a Christ-centered approach. Through Sacred Influence you will discover how women can inspire, influence, and help their husbands move in positive directions.
Replace your plan of action with God's leads to a marital transformation where both partners move in sync, the way God intended. Gary Thomas builds on concepts developed in his bestseller, Sacred Marriage, and details practical applications you can start using today. Discover how marriages were transformed through these methods employed by real-life women. Through this book you will find a fresh perspective to help you understand your husband: the view of the marriage relationship through a man's eyes. Gain inside information on how men think, feel, and can truly be motivated.
Part 1: Your Marriage Makeover Begins with You
- The Glory of a Godly Woman: Understanding Who You Are In Christ
- The Strength of a Godly Woman: Becoming Strong Enough to Address Your Husband's "Functional Fixedness"
- "Be Worthy of Me": How God Uses the Weaknesses of Others to Help Us Grow
Part 2: Creating the Climate for Change
- The Widow at Zarephath: Understanding a Man's Deepest Thirst
- The Zarephath Legacy: How You Can Learn to Appreciate an Imperfect Man
- The Helper: Embracing the High Call of Marriage
- A Claim, a Call, and a Commitment: Focusing on Personal Responsibilities
- Understanding the Male Mind: Learning to Make Allowances for Your Husband's Masculinity
- Jeanne Antoinette: The Power of a Persistent Pursuit
Part 3: Confronting the Most Common Concerns
- Ray and Jo: Taming the Temper Part 1: Self-Respect as a First Defense against Your Husband's Anger
- Taming the Temper, Part 2: Learning to Navigate through Your Husband's Anger
- Rich and Pat: The Magic Question: Helping Your Husband to Become More Involved at Home
- The Biology of a Busy Man: How to Help Your Man Put Family First
- Pure Passion: Cementing Your Husband's Affections and Protecting His Spiritual Integrity
- Ken and Diana: Affair on the Internet: Winning Back the Husband Who Strays
- John and Catherine: Finding Faith: Influencing a Nonbelieving or Spiritually Immature Husband