Description of Language Fundamentals, Grade 3 by EMC Evan-Moor
Language Fundamentals, Grade 3, will give your third-graders the grade-appropriate practice they need for a broad spectrum of language skills -- grammar, sentences, mechanics, and more. You'll love the test-format review pages and the sentence-editing exercises where students apply the skills to writing. Super companion for Daily Language Review, Grade 3.
Skills practiced include the following:
• Grammar Skills: common, proper, & possessive nouns; comparative and superlative adjectives; subject and object pronouns; subject-verb agreement
• Sentence Skills: declarative, interrogative, and exclamatory sentences; combining sentence fragments to form sentences; compound sentences; run-on sentences
• Mechanics Skills: capitalization, abbreviations, commas and quotation marks in dialogue, end marks
• Usage: double negatives, definite and indefinite articles, frequently confused words
• Vocabulary: synonyms, antonyms, prefixes, suffixes, word meaning from base words and context
• Sentence Editing: After practicing a skill, use the corresponding pages in this section for application to student writing. Students edit and correct sentences with common errors.