Description of Language Fundamentals, Grade 6 by EMC Evan-Moor
Language Fundamentals, Grade 6+, will give your sixth-graders the grade-appropriate practice they need for a broad spectrum of language skills -- grammar, sentences, mechanics, and more. You'll love the test-format review pages and the sentence-editing exercises where students apply the skills to writing. Super companion for Daily Language Review, Grade 6+.
Skills practiced include the following:
• Grammar Skills: common, proper, & possessive nouns; types of pronouns; prepositional phrases; present, past, future, & present progressive tense verbs; subject-verb agreement
• Sentence Skills: declarative, interrogative, exclamatory, & imperative sentences; compound sentences; complex sentences; run-on sentences
• Mechanics Skills: capitalization, abbreviations, commas and quotation marks in dialogue, end marks
• Usage: double negatives, subject or object pronouns, frequently confused words
• Vocabulary: base words, prefixes, suffixes, Greek and Latin root words, synonyms, antonyms
• Paragraph Editing: After practicing a skill, use the corresponding pages in this section for application to student writing. Students edit and correct paragraphs with common errors they would make.