Description of Strong Was Her Faith by J. Ellsworth Kalas
In this follow-up to The Thirteen Apostles, Kalas focuses on 11 women of great faith who were crucial to the story of the New Testament. He examines the Scriptures to find what we can learn about and from these women and how each one fit into and shaped the New Testament.
- Elizabeth: A Friend in Need (Luke 1:39-45)
- Anna: She Knew How to Wait (Luke 2:36-38)
- Martha, the Disciplined (Luke 10:38-42; John 11:1-27)
- Mary, the Extravagant (John 12:1-8)
- The Mighty Widow (Mark 12:41-44)
- The Anonymous Evangelist (John 4:7-29; 39-42)
- Mary Magdalene: When Love Is Greater Than Faith (John 20:1-18)
- Mary, the Mother of Mark (Acts 12:6-17)
- Dorcas: Worth a Miracle (Acts 9:36-42)
- Lydia, the Businesswoman (Acts 16:11-15, 40)
- Mary in Life and Legend (Luke 1:46-55)
- Why Mary? (Luke 1:26-38)
Includes a study guide.