A rich resource for all who want to be better acquainted with the thinkers who have shaped Christianity and Christian culture, past and present, features:
- More than 5,000 quotations--many famous, some lesser-known, all highly thought-provoking
- More than 1,300 authors and sources--classic and contemporary
- More than 500 themes--covering an enormous range of needs, interests, and emotions
- Draws on the best in every major tradition--Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant
- Comprehensive three-way index--authors, themes, and key words
"I want to be open to God, not to what man says about God. "
"Providence is the care God takes of all existing things. "
--John of Damascus
"No man can do properly what he is called upon to do in this life unless he can learn to forget his ego and act as an instrument of God. "