A logic course for all ages, but designed for use as young as 7th grade, Traditional Logic
is an in-depth study of the classical syllogism. Along with a basic understanding of the Christian theory of knowledge, the text presents the four kinds of logical statements, the four ways propositions can be opposite, the three ways in which they can be equivalent, and the seven rules for the validity of syllogisms.
This comprehensive but easy-to-use course includes:
• Student Book
• Key (for student book and quizzes and tests)
• Quizzes & Tests
• An in-depth study of the syllogism, taught in the traditional three-part method
• Designed specifically for the teacher with no logic background
• Each chapter, in approx. 5 pages of text, explains challenging concepts in clear, concise language
• Brief but comprehensive explanations of each lesson are followed by well-structured daily exercises
• For high school students, mature 7th and 8th graders, and adults
• A systematic course in formal logic, not a sampling of logic topics
• Find out how the nature of anything can be categorized using the "Porphyrian Tree"
• Learn the 4 logical statements, the 4 ways statements can be opposite, the 3 ways they can be equivalent, and the 7 rules for validity
For a classical Christian education that encourages cultivation of virtue and wisdom, look no further than Memoria Press! By combining training in the liberal arts and familiarity with great books and influential thinkers of the Western tradition, this family-run publishing company produces thorough, easy-to-use Christian education materials for both home and private schools.