For teachers using the Vocabulary from Classical Roots series, the new and expanded Teacher’s Guide and Answer Key is an invaluable resource. This Guide covers Book D. The guide complements, extends, and enriches the series as it:
provides scaffolding for individual learning needs.
helps students access prior knowledge and make connections to new learning.
offers a variety of activities that can be adapted for whole-class, small group, or independent learning situations.
presents teachers with a practical and effective method for teaching vocabulary through classical roots, even when that background is not part of the teacher’s own experience.
• Lesson-by-lesson support for group instruction and discussion
• Strategies for making connections between roots, familiar words, and key words
• Blackline masters to reinforce key words from each lesson
• Additional review activities
• Vocabulary games and word-learning strategies
• Glossary of literary and historical references
• Answer Key