Description of Zondervan's Compact Bible Dictionary by Zondervan Publishing
This comprehensive reference tool for Bible students and teachers is arranged by topic and provides over 6,000 entries with more than 100,000 Scripture references. It also serves as a Bible dictionary, listing all proper names, places, objects, and events of the Bible along with their brief definition or description.
Back Cover Copy
Zondervan’s Compact Bible Dictionary delivers a wealth of varied information in an easy-to-find alphabetical arrangement. Here is a fact-and-picture-filled guide to the arts, cultures, geography, geology, theologies, philosophies, and lifestyles of biblical times.
* Concise definitions of persons, places, objects, events, and concepts
* Over 5,000 entries
* Summaries of the books of the Bible
* Information about archaeological finds in the Holy Land
* Hundreds of illustrations
* Maps of the ancient world from the time of Abraham to the height of the Roman Empire (2000 B.C.-A.D. 117)
* Conservative in scholarship, comprehensive in scope
* Ideal for laypersons, students, teachers, and pastors