Publisher & Author Resources
Thank you for your interest in Mardel Christian & Education carrying your book or hosting a book signing at one of our 35 store locations. We welcome the partnership with publishers and authors, and want to ensure that whether we choose to carry a book or host a book signing it is beneficial to all parties involved. Furthermore, we have established set policies and guidelines.
Please select from the options below for additional information:
- Click here if you would like more information about getting your book carried.
- Click here for more information about a book signing.
How to Get My Book Carried
We ask that you or your publisher mail a non-returnable sample copy of your book to the address below for consideration.
Attn: Book Buyer
7727 SW 44th St.
OKC, OK 73179
All books must be distributed through one of the following distributors:
- STL Distribution
- Spring Arbor
They must also be one of the distributor's regular stocked items that do not need to be backordered. Print-on-demand is not considered regular stock because it has to be backordered.
Please note that due to the volume of inquiries received it can take several weeks to months before a decision is made. We will only contact you or the publisher should we decide to carry your book.
Any samples submitted for review will not be returned.
How to Request a Book Signing
Book signings are a great way for authors to gain exposure and build their profiles in local communities. If you would like to be considered for a book signing, please note the following guidelines:
- We must carry the title. (See How to Get My Book Carried)
- No consignment events will be scheduled at our store locations.
- We must allow 6-8 weeks out for scheduling an event.
- Book signings must be agreed upon by the author, store manager, and corporate office
- Book signings will not exceed 3 hours.
- No book signings will be scheduled on Sunday as we are closed.
How to Schedule a Book Signing
To schedule a book signing, e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the following in your initial contact:
- Author's name
- Title of book
- Name of publisher
- Name of book distributer(s)
- Number of books sold in the last 60 days
- Store locations (online included) where your book is available
- Number of books sold at previous book signing events (if applicable)
- Mardel store location (or area) desired for the book signing event
- Author's connection or following to the area
- Author's plan to self-promote the event
- Month or day author would like the event
How to Prepare for a Book Signing
Once your book signing has been scheduled and confirmed, please e-mail the following to email@example.com:
- Image of book cover in a high-resolution photo (300 dpi), at least 4"w x 6"h.
- Professionally photographed headshot of author(s) in a high-resolution photo (300 dpi), at least 4"w X 6"h. (Please no snapshots.)
- A short description of the book.
- A short bio of the author.
How to Have a Successful Book Signing
Our most successful book signings occur when authors are engaging with customers and take active roles in promoting their book signing through word of mouth, e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, etc., and networking with local media.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top of Page