James: Mercy Triumphs - Leader Kit by Beth Moore helps a leader facilitate this women's Bible study experience and contains all that is needed to conduct the 7 weeks of small group time.
James, Jesus' own brother, started out as a skeptic. See how one glimpse of the resurrected Savior turned an unbeliever into a disciple. Bible scholars compare James to the prophet Amos. In other ways, James more closely resembles the Book of Proverbs than any other New Testament book. Topics in this study include: joy, hardship, faith, reversal of fortunes for rich and poor, wisdom, gifts from above, single-mindedness, the dangers of the tongue, humility, and prayer. Includes teaching DVDs, a Member Book, and a Leader Guide. Eight hour-long video sessions with 7 weeks of print study.
Beth is introducing a 5-tiered study approach that she has never done before.
- Level 1: Watch the video sessions only.
- Level 2: Watch the video sessions and do the homework each week.
- Level 3: Watch the video sessions, do the homework each week, and, as you study, write out the entire Book of James.
- Level 4: Watch the video sessions, do the homework each week, write out the Book of James, and complete the "What could I do to go deeper?" section each week. This section is written in collaboration with Beth's daughter Melissa.
- Level 5: Watch the video sessions, do the homework each week, write out the Book of James, complete the "What could I do to go deeper?" section each week, and memorize the entire Book of James.
Want to stretch James to 9 sessions?
In addition to the 8 Bible study video sessions, you'll find an hour-long bonus interview with Beth and her daughter Melissa that can easily be used as a 9th session. Show the bonus video in the 5th week to give women a chance to catch up on their homework or watch it after the 8th session as a fun study wrap-up. Either way, you'll have one more week of James to look forward to.