A kid's first study Bible for traditions that prefer the NRSV, this edition informs without overwhelming the reader
Kids know the Bible is important: after all, it contains God’s message of love for all other people, and the magnificent universe he created. But where does a young person start learning what’s between the covers of this big book? What kind of things will help a child get the most out of the history, stories, and teachings it contains?
This one of a kind NRSV edition is the answer. It gives 8- to 12-year-old readers that are beginning serious Scripture study a resource that’s packed with helpful information, but which won’t overwhelm them. It contains the complete New Revised Standard Version text, including the Apocrypha, plus a wealth of extra features that will deepen their understanding of the Word of God.
• Presentation page for personalizing the Bible as a gift
• Clear, 8-point type
• Black letter text
• Book introductions
• 16 full color charts and illustrations
• “Hide it in Your Heart” memorization verses
• “Bible People You Should Know” in-text cameos of key personalities
• Old & New Testament parables and miracles
• The Passion in Parallel and Prophecy
• Parables and Miracles of the Bible
• Illustrated Bible dictionary
• 8-page color map section