Description of The Bible for Blockheads by Douglas Connelly
This user-friendly guide to the Bible will help you make sense of all the book's mysteries to reveal its truly amazing content. Now revised and updated to reflect the most recent cultural changes, this book includes new features and engaging artwork.
Back Cover Copy
If you have a hard time making sense of the Bible, The Bible for Blockheads is for you. It will transform what might seem like gobbledygook into incredible significance—enough to change your life. It can do that because the Bible is more amazing than you've ever dreamed, packed with riches, and making sense of it is no mystery. You'll even have fun as you learn! The Bible for Blockheads—newly revised and updated—helps you to:
- Discover how the Bible's message unfolds from start to finish
- Learn how the Bible developed over many centuries
- Familiarize yourself with the main divisions of the Bible and its 66 individual books
- Find out proven principles for accurately interpreting what you read
- Acquaint yourself with important people, places, and events of the Bible
- Learn key biblical terms and discover the different types of literature represented in the Scriptures
- Get a handle on the Bible's historical and cultural background
- Discover why the Bible among all books is called "God's Word"
Excerpt From Book