"[B]ut in your hearts regard Christ the Lord as holy, ready at any time to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you."
1 Peter 3:15 (CSB)
The Greek word for defense used in 1 Peter 3:15 is apologia. An apologist is one who defends and gives and account for a firmly held belief.
Defend your faith and answer some of the challenging questions you have as you read through the Bible. This Christian Standard study Bible features notes and insights from many leading Christian apologists.
More than one-hundred key questions and articles placed throughout the volume about faith and science prompt a rewarding study experience at every reading. Highlights of this thinking person’s edition of God’s Word include the full text of the CSB translation, an introduction to each Bible book focusing on its inherent elements of apologetics, and profiles of historic Christian apologists from Justin Martyr to C.S. Lewis.
Enjoy valuable contributions from leading modern apologists such as Chuck Colson, Norm Geisler, Hank Hanegraaff, Josh McDowell, Albert Mohler, J.P. Moreland, Ravi Zacharias, and 90+ more contributors. Plus a special lead article from best-selling author Lee Strobel on how “How Apologetics Changed My Life.”
- Complete CSB text
- 9.75-point type
- Book introductions
- Two-column format
- Two-color page design
- Notes on the reliability of scripture
- Over 130 articles dealing with life's toughest questions
- Twisted Scripture Notes addresses ways key Bible verses are misused
- Biographical sketches of history's greatest Christian apologists
- Time line of Christian apologists and their works
- Charts detailing important archaeological discoveries for Old and New Testaments
- Chart showing the validity of the New Testament compared to other ancient documents
- Charts comparing world religions and new religious movements
- Full-color maps
- Annotated bibliography
- Ribbon marker