NIV Scofield Study Bible III, Bonded Leather, Black, Thumb Indexed
- Contribution by: C. I. Scofield
- Publisher: Oxford Publishing
Everything about this edition has been designed to encourage serious Bible study. First-time students and seasoned believers alike will find it to be a trustworthy guide.
- Complete NIV text
- Words of Christ in red
- Side-column cross references
- Over 100 articles and lists
- Book introductions and outlines
- Expanded subject index
- Study notes in chapter-and-verse format
- In-text definitions for proper nouns for people and place names
- In-text black and white maps and charts
- In-text articles of nearly 250 notes crucial to understanding the Scofield
The New International Version of the Bible is widely used by evangelical Christians of all ages. Featuring a 7.8 grade reading level, the NIV combines word-for-word and thought-for-thought translation philosophies. Originally published in 1978, the 2011 NIV update is now the standard for all the NIV Bibles published. For more information on the different Bible translations, view our Bible Translation Guide.