NIV Verse Mapping Bible, Hardcover, Gray
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Contribution by: Kristy Cambron
Go deeper than just reading the Bible.
Verse mapping will help you get real about studying the Bible. More than just reading a verse or Scripture passage, verse mapping is using Bible study tools to research what you read in the Bible, in order to learn more about what God is saying to you and how you can apply His Word to your life today.
With this New International Version Verse Mapping Bible, author Kristy Cambron will expand her verse mapping curriculum series to include verses from the whole Bible, teaching you how to compare Bible translations, pick out meaningful words, and delve into the true meaning of each verse using starter verse maps and prompts. Verse mapping will be useful as you study the historical context, transliteration, translation, connotation, and theological framework of a verse. This unique study technique will have you exploring Hebrew and Greek word studies, finding connections in Scripture, comparing Bible translations, and learning as much as you can from your time in God's Word.
Verse mapping involves 5 steps:
- 1. Choose: Select a verse and write it out.
- 2. Compare: Record the verse in two or three other translations and underline key words that are the same or different between translations.
- 3. Research: Look up and record the Hebrew or Greek meaning for the underlined words.
- 4. Consider: Ask questions about the verse. Imagine what it would be like to have experienced what is going in this passage. Read the surrounding verses and use the study tools to go even deeper if you want.
- 5. Apply: What is God saying to you? How does this verse relate to your life today?
- Complete NIV text
- 8-point type
- Comfort print font
- Presentation page
- Book introductions
- Guided instructions on how verse mapping works, how to begin, and how to get the most out of it
- 350 partially completed verse maps with pre-selected verses in multiple Bible translations and helpful Hebrew or Greek word studies
- Directions on how to use the Reverse Interlinear feature on BibleGateway.com to research the Greek and Hebrew translations for these 350 verses for free
- Over 70 blank verse maps for your own inductive Bible study journey
- Topical index
- Ribbon bookmark
The New International Version of the Bible is widely used by evangelical Christians of all ages. Featuring a 7.8 grade reading level, the NIV combines word-for-word and thought-for-thought translation philosophies. Originally published in 1978, the 2011 NIV update is now the standard for all the NIV Bibles published. For more information on the different Bible translations, view our Bible Translation Guide.
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
Check your local store for availability.