The Knowing the Bible series is a resource designed to help Bible readers better understand and apply God’s Word. These 12-week studies lead participants through books of the Bible and are made up of four basic components:
(1) reflection questions help readers engage the text at a deeper level;
(2) “Gospel Glimpses” highlight the gospel of grace throughout the book;
(3) “Whole-Bible Connections” show how any given passage connects to the Bible’s overarching story of redemption, culminating in Christ; and
(4) “Theological Soundings” identify how historic orthodox doctrines are taught or reinforced throughout Scripture.
With contributions from an array of influential pastors and church leaders, these gospel-centered studies will help Christians see and cherish the message of God’s grace on every page of the Bible.
Paul's letters to the Thessalonians serve as a reminder of the salvation God has secured for those he has called. When Jesus returns, he will deliver his people and bring justice to the earth.
This 12-week study will connect Paul's letters to the lives of Christians today. Readers will be encouraged with assurance and hope while they are pointed to God's faithfulness as they pursue lives of holiness and love in anticipation of Jesus' second coming.
- Overview of 1 Thessalonians
- Thanksgiving for the Thessalonians (1 Thess. 1:1-10)
- Ministry to the Thessalonians (1 Thess. 2:1–16)
- Absence from the Thessalonians (1 Thess. 2:17–3:13)
- Holy Love Wins (1 Thess. 4:1–12)
- The Return of the King (1 Thess. 4:13–5:11)
- A Parting Plea (1 Thess. 5:12–28)
- Overview of 2 Thessalonians
- The Afflicters and the Afflicted (2 Thess. 1:1–12)
- The Man of Lawlessness (2 Thess. 2:1–17)
- The Idle Problem (2 Thess. 3:1–18)
- Summary and Conclusion