Paul was like a shepherd leading sheep to safety. He got to witness the enthusiasm of the Colossian Christians, but he knew they had no idea what dangers were lurking. Paul, stuck in prison, wanted them to grow in faith. He wrote to his young flock, affirming them, warning them of the hazards ahead, and pointing them to King Jesus. These eight studies on Colossians and Philemon will guide believers toward maturity in Christ, who is still at work in His people today.
N. T. Wright approaches Bible study with a scholar's mind and a pastor's heart. Through this guide, Tom Wright will guide individuals and small groups through Colossians and Philemon, to bring contemporary application of Scripture to life. Thoughtful questions, prayer suggestions, and useful background and cultural information will take readers deeper into God's Word. Find out how you can participate more fully in God's kingdom.
- The Fruit of the Gospel (Colossians 1:1-14)
- Christ Supreme (Colossians 1:15-29)
- God's Treasure Revealed (Colossians 2:1-7)
- Complete in Christ (Colossians 2:8—3:4)
- Old Clothes, New Clothes (Colossians 3:5-17)
- The Christian Household (Colossians 4:2-18)
- Gracious Persuasion (Philemon)