The final words of Moses to the people of Israel are preserved in the book of Deuteronomy. As they are preparing to enter the Promised Land, Moses reminds the people of Israel of God's great deliverance out of Egypt, and calls them to forsake their past faithlessness and love the Lord with all they are. This study guide walks readers through this important biblical book, and helps Christians grasp that they only hope for obedience to God's commands is the grace of God found in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
The Knowing the Bible series is a resource designed to help Bible readers better understand and apply God’s Word. These 12-week studies guide participants through books of the Bible and are made up of four basic components:
(1) reflection questions help readers engage the text at a deeper level;
(2) “Gospel Glimpses” highlight the gospel of grace throughout the book;
(3) “Whole-Bible Connections” show how any given passage connects to the Bible’s overarching story of redemption, culminating in Christ;
(4) “Theological Soundings” identify how historic orthodox doctrines are taught or reinforced throughout Scripture.
With contributions from an assortment of influential pastors and church leaders, these gospel-centered studies will help Christians see and cherish the message of God’s grace on every page of the Bible.
- The Sins of the Fathers and the Faithfulness of God (1:1–3:29)
- Who Is Like the Lord? (4:1–43)
- Love the Lord (4:44–6:9)
- Tests of Faith (6:10–8:20)
- A Land Given by Grace (9:1–11:32)
- Not Like the Nations (12:1–16:17)
- True Justice and Righteousness (16:18–21:9)
- All of Life (21:10–25:19)
- The Blessing and the Curse (26:1–29:1)
- The Future of Israel (29:2–31:29)
- Conclusion: The End of an Era (31:30–34:12)