The early believers in Ephesus were attempting to live a transformed life by the power of the Holy Spirit while they were immersed in a wicked culture of sin and pagan idolatry. The discouraged believers needed a reminder of God's grace and love, of the blessings Jesus provided, and of their dedication to holiness.
The Apostle Paul wrote this letter to the Ephesians to encourage them. This letter provides a refresher in New Testament teachings and offers a powerful blueprint for Christian behavior. Throughout this letter, Paul teaches that we have a continual need for God's help and that everything good we enjoy is an expression of His great love.
The MacArthur Bible Studies offer insightful examinations of the whole of Scripture. Each guide includes extensive commentary, detailed observations on over arching themes, and probing questions to help you study the Word of God with direction from John MacArthur.
- The Riches of His Grace (Ephesians 1:1-14)
- Prayers That Please the Father (Ephesians 1:15-23)
- Amazing Grace! (Ephesians 2:1-10)
- The Mystery of Unity in Christ (Ephesians 2:11--3:12)
- The Power and Love of Christ (Ephesians 3:14-21)
- God's Pattern for the Church (Ephesians 4:1-16)
- Principles of New Life (Ephesians 4:17-32)
- Walking in Love and Light (Ephesians 5:1-14)
- Wise Living (Ephesians 5:15-21)
- God-Honoring Relationships (Ephesians 5:22--6:9)
- Spiritual Warfare (Ephesians 6:10-17)
- A Praying Church (Ephesians 6:18-24)