The book of Genesis is essential to Scripture, and every human life. Genesis tells us who God is, who we are, how things went wrong, and the plan that God has put into place to return everything to the way it was meant to be. This study guide helps readers see the overall storyline of Genesis. Gain a better understanding of God's plan to bring blessings to all nations.
The Knowing the Bible series is a resource designed to help Bible readers better understand and apply God’s Word. These 12-week studies guide participants through books of the Bible and are made up of four basic components:
(1) reflection questions help readers engage the text at a deeper level;
(2) “Gospel Glimpses” highlight the gospel of grace throughout the book;
(3) “Whole-Bible Connections” show how any given passage connects to the Bible’s overarching story of redemption, culminating in Christ;
(4) “Theological Soundings” identify how historic orthodox doctrines are taught or reinforced throughout Scripture.
With contributions from an assortment of influential pastors and church leaders, these gospel-centered studies will help Christians see and cherish the message of God’s grace on every page of the Bible.
- Creation (1:1–2:3)
- Humanity’s Purpose and Failure (2:4–3:24)
- The Downward Spiral of Sin (4:1–11:26)
- Abraham and the Nations (11:27–16:16)
- Promises Fulfilled (17:1–22:24)
- Passing the Promises from Abraham to Isaac (23:1–26:33)
- Lessons from Deception (26:34–31:55)
- From Jacob to Israel (32:1–35:29)
- Joseph’s Slavery, God’s Promises (36:1–41:57)
- Joseph’s Reconciliation (42:1–47:31)
- Death and Blessing (48:1–50:26)