Have you ever worried about the people you see who are content just attending church, who may enjoy the sermons, but they don't appear to really get it? James, the brother of Jesus, was aware of these issues even in the first generation. It should come as no surprise that one of his main themes is putting faith into action.
The kind of faith with action, he explains, is the faith that maters, the faith that justifies, the faith that saves. That's the kind of faith that is still needed today. These nine studies on James's passionate letter will help readers live out a faith that makes a difference.
- The Challenge of Faith (James 1:1-8)
- The Snares of the World and the Gift of God (James 1:9-18)
- The Word That Goes to Work (James 1:19-27)
- No Favorites (James 2:1-13)
- Faith and Works (James 2:14-26)
- Taming the Tongue (James 3:1-18)
- Humility and Faith (James 4:1-17)
- The Rich and the Suffering (James 5:1-12)
- Praying in Faith (James 5:13-20)