Matthew's gospel account presents Jesus as Israel's long-awaited Messiah, the one who brings God's kingdom to earth and fulfills His promises to His people. This study guide leads readers through this hope-filled book of the Bible to explain the biblical text with clarity and passion. Encounter God's one and only Son: Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world.
The Knowing the Bible series is a resource designed to help Bible readers better understand and apply God’s Word. These 12-week studies guide participants through books of the Bible and are made up of four basic components:
(1) reflection questions help readers engage the text at a deeper level;
(2) “Gospel Glimpses” highlight the gospel of grace throughout the book;
(3) “Whole-Bible Connections” show how any given passage connects to the Bible’s overarching story of redemption, culminating in Christ;
(4) “Theological Soundings” identify how historic orthodox doctrines are taught or reinforced throughout Scripture.
With contributions from an assortment of influential pastors and church leaders, these gospel-centered studies will help Christians see and cherish the message of God’s grace on every page of the Bible.
- The Arrival of Jesus the Messiah (1—2)
- Jesus Prepares for Ministry and Announces the Kingdom (3—4)
- Jesus’ Authoritative Message (5—7)
- Jesus’ Authoritative Ministry and Extended Mission (8—10)
- Emerging Opposition to Jesus and Parables of the Kingdom (11—13)
- Growing Clarity about the Messiah’s Identity (14—17)
- The Community of the Kingdom (18—20)
- Jerusalem Condemned for Rejecting the Messiah (21—23)
- Jerusalem’s Impending Judgment and Anticipating the End (24—25)
- The Crucifixion, Resurrection, and Commission of Jesus (26—28)
- Summary and Conclusion