The book of Proverbs establishes the foundation of wisdom, details the paths that lead to wisdom, and point us to the ultimate source of all true understanding: Jesus Christ. This study book helps to make sense of this unique book of the Bible. Explore the biblical text with clarity and passion as you seek to understand the wise instruction for godly living that glorifies God and leads to blessing for His people.
The Knowing the Bible series is a resource designed to help Bible readers better understand and apply God’s Word. These 12-week studies guide participants through books of the Bible and are made up of four basic components:
(1) reflection questions help readers engage the text at a deeper level;
(2) “Gospel Glimpses” highlight the gospel of grace throughout the book;
(3) “Whole-Bible Connections” show how any given passage connects to the Bible’s overarching story of redemption, culminating in Christ;
(4) “Theological Soundings” identify how historic orthodox doctrines are taught or reinforced throughout Scripture.
With contributions from an assortment of influential pastors and church leaders, these gospel-centered studies will help Christians see and cherish the message of God’s grace on every page of the Bible.
- The Beginning of Knowledge (1:1–7)
- A Father’s Invitation to Wisdom (1:8–7:27)
- Wisdom Personified (8:1–36)
- Lady Wisdom and Lady Folly (9:1–18)
- Proverbs of Solomon (10:1–16:33)
- More Proverbs of Solomon (17:1–22:16)
- Sayings of the Wise (22:17–24:34)
- Hezekiah’s Collection of Proverbs (25:1–29:27)
- The Sayings of Agur and the Words of King Lemuel (30:1–31:9)
- An Alphabet of Womanly Excellence (31:10–31)
- Summary and Conclusion