After many years of writing in her prayer journal, missionary Sarah Young decided to be more attentive to the Savior’s voice and listen for what He was saying to her. The result was Jesus Calling, a collection of personal reflections based on Jesus’ own words of hope, guidance, and peace found in the Scriptures. Through these messages, countless people have been encouraged to experience a deeper relationship with the Lord as they also learn to listen for His voice in the pages of the Bible.
In Giving Thanks to God, the fifth study in the Jesus Calling® Bible Study Series, examine what God’s Word has to say about the many ways He provides for you—and why you should give thanks to Him for this abundance. Even when you face trials, you can have an attitude of thankfulness, for the Bible says that you have been given “every spiritual blessing in Christ” (Ephesians 1:3). When you recognize the depth of God’s love and the lengths He went to reconcile you to Himself, it naturally causes you to want to praise Him!
Each of the Jesus Calling® Bible studies includes devotional readings from Jesus Calling®, selected passages of Scripture for reflection, Bible study questions, and additional questions to help you apply the material. This study can be used for personal reflection and Bible study or in a small-group setting.
- Giving Thanks for God's Abundance Genesis 2:8-9, 15-17; 3:1-8
- Giving Thanks for God's Provision Exodus 16:1-20
- Giving Thanks for Rescue Psalm 107:1-32
- Giving Thanks for Trials James 1:2-4; Philippians 4:4-7
- Giving Thanks for Spiritual Blessings Ephesians 1:3-14
- Giving Thanks for the Cross Matthew 27:32-50
- Giving Thanks for the Resurrection Luke 24:1-8, 36-49
- Giving Thanks for the Holy Spirit John 14:15-18, 25-27