Why do even the faithful suffer? Job wanted an answer to his suffering, so he demanded one from God. His friends thought there was something wrong with him, but Job was persistent. Finally, God came through with an answer.
Paul Stevens leads readers through Job's questions and God's answers. Discover comfort, hope, and meaning for the suffering in your own life.
This revised LifeGuide Bible Study includes more questions for starting small group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection. The expanded leader's notes and Now or Later section will take your Bible study to the next level.
- Dueling with the Devil (Job 1:1—2:10)
- God in the Dark (Job 2:1—4:17)
- God-Talk: How Not to Be Spiritual Friends (Job 6)
- If God Were Only Human! (Job 7:7-21; 9:14—10:7)
- The Faith That Rebels (Job 13:1—14:17)
- Our Heavenly Guarantee (Job 16:7—17:3; 19:23-27)
- The Problem of Pain (Job 20:1-19; 21:1-16)
- The Silence of God (Job 23)
- Songs in the Night (Job 35; 36:13-16)
- God in the Storm (Job 38:1-11, 31-41; 40:1-5)
- The Joy of Repentance (Job 40:6-14; 42:1-6)
- Is Faith Always Worthwhile? (Job 42:7-17)