After many years of writing in her prayer journal, missionary Sarah Young decided to be more attentive to the Savior’s voice and listen for what He was saying to her. The result was Jesus Calling, a collection of personal reflections based on Jesus’ own words of hope, guidance, and peace found in the Scriptures. Through these messages, countless people have been encouraged to experience a deeper relationship with the Lord as they also learn to listen for His voice in the pages of the Bible.
In Living with God’s Courage, the sixth study in the Jesus Calling® Bible Study Series, you will witness how God calls each of His children to not only resist fear but also journey through life with courage. God’s Word shows that the Lord is always with you and always willing to equip you with strength from the Holy Spirit. When you walk in God’s ways and recognize that He is on your side, it provides the confidence to proclaim to the world, “The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” (Hebrews 13:6).
Each of the Jesus Calling® Bible studies includes devotional readings from Jesus Calling®, selected passages of Scripture for reflection, Bible study questions, and additional questions to help you apply the material. This study can be used for personal reflection and Bible study or in a small-group setting.
- Courage to Obey the Lord's Instructions: Deuteronomy 31:1-8
- Courage to Confront a Stronger Force: 1 Samuel 17:1-50
- Courage to Say No to False Gods: Daniel 3:1-23
- Courage to Withstand Others' Envy: Daniel 6:1-24
- Courage to Protest Against Wrong: Esther 4:4-5; 7:1-6
- Courage to Persevere: Nehemiah 4:1-23
- Courage to Proclaim the Gospel: Acts 4:1-31
- Courage to Withstand the Evil One: Ephesians 6:10-20