After many years of writing in her prayer journal, missionary Sarah Young decided to be more attentive to the Savior’s voice and listen for what He was saying to her. The result was Jesus Calling, a collection of personal reflections based on Jesus’ own words of hope, guidance, and peace found in the Scriptures. Through these messages, countless people have been encouraged to experience a deeper relationship with the Lord as they also learn to listen for His voice in the pages of the Bible.
In Receiving Christ’s Hope, the third study in the Jesus Calling Bible Study Series, you will explore the promises God makes to you in His Word about finding your shelter and security in Him. Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you” (John 14:27). As you allow God’s love to seep into the inner recesses of your being, put aside your own plans, and let the light of His presence fill your mind, you will experience His perfect peace that “transcends all understanding” (Philippians 4:7).
Each of the Jesus Calling Bible Studies include devotional readings from Jesus Calling, selected passages of Scripture for reflection, Bible Study questions, and additional questions and activities to help you apply and live out the material during the week. This study can be used for personal reflection and Bible study or in a small-group setting.
- Our Hope Is Future-Directed Romans 8:18-25
- Our Hope Is In God's Presence Revelation 4:2-11, 5:11-14
- Our Hope Is In God's Abundance Isaiah 25:6-9
- Our Hope Is In God's Eternal Promises Revelation 21:1-5, 9-12, 18-27
- Our Hope Is In The Earth's Transformation Isaiah 35:1-2, 5-10
- Our Hope Is In The Resurrection 1 Corinthians 15:35, 42-44, 50-54
- Our Hope Grows In Perseverance Romans 5:1-5
- Our Hope Leads to Strength Isaiah 40:27-31