Are you ready to dig deeper into the Bible? With Rose's Bible Study Made Easy you will find a solid, easy-to-understand overview of inductive Bible study.
Discover charts, simple summaries, and practical tips in this quick guide that introduces the basic principles of Bible study.
Learn how to use concordances to easily navigate the Bible, dig deeper with Bible dictionaries, and learn to apply God's word to your life through inductive Bible studies.
Articles in this book cover the first seven steps to take when beginning a Bible study, and eight basic principles of Bible study. Dig through dozens of study tips and recommendations to find what works best for you, including which key Bible verses, passages, and books of the Bible to explore. Examine three keys to inductive Bible study and the S.O.I.L. four-step approach that explains how to dig deeper into God's Word.
Whether you are preparing for a more intensive personal Bible study, or you want to take your small group down a new path, this book will help you navigate your way through studying the Bible.
- How to Begin
- Basic Tips for Bible Study
- Seven Ways to Read the Bible
- Become Familiar with the Bible
- How to Choose a Bible Version
- What Is The Bible?
- Ten Things to Know about the Bible
- All the Books of the Bible
- Four Steps of Inductive Bible Study
- The "SOIL" Approach
- Step 1: Selection
- Step 2: Observation
- Step 3: Interpretation
- Step 4: Life Application
- The Bible Study Toolbox
- Study Bibles
- Bible Software and Websites
- Bible Dictionaries
- Bible Atlases, Maps, and Time Lines
- Bible Commentaries and Handbooks
- Specialty Bibles
- Building a Bible Reference Library
- How to Tackle the Tough Parts
- The Five "Do Nots" of Interpretation
- Understanding Figurative Language
- Discovering the Intended Meaning
- Bible Background
- Reading the Old Testament
- Reading the New Testament
- Let's Try It! A Sample Bible Study
- The Goal of Bible Study
- Seven Reasons to Study the Bible