Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe is a bestselling author, pastor, and radio host who shares his delight in God's Word through this comprehensive, highly accessible guide to biblical interpretation and application. In Delights and Disciplines of Bible Study, Dr. Wiersbe shares insight into the history, meaning, and context of the whole Bible, from Genesis through the final words of the apostles. As readers gain skills in studying the Bible, they will also experience the joy of richer spiritual devotion.
Dr. Wiersbe believes reading the Bible should never be a burden. It should be an adventurous journey into the heart of God.
- Why Study the Bible?
- Are You Ready for Serious Bible Study?
- The Tools Available
- The Pentateuch: Genesis to Deuteronomy
- Conquest, Confusion, and Compassion: Joshua, Judges, and Ruth
- Man's King and God's King: First and Second Samuel
- Solomon and Other Kings: Kings and Chronicles
- The Triumphant Trio: Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther
- Five Unique Books: Job to Song of Solomon
- The Prophets: Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Lamentations
- The Prophets: Ezekiel to Daniel
- The Prophets: Jonah to Habakkuk
- The Prophets: Zephaniah to Malachi
- The Good News: The Four Gospels
- The Acts of the Apostles: Acts
- Letters to the Believers: Romans to Colossians
- Letters to the Believers: First Thessalonians to Philemon
- Letters Especially to Jewish Believers: Hebrews and James
- The Last Words of the Apostles: First Peter to Revelation
- Gathering Up the Fragments that Remain