Eliminate distractions, reduce your task list, and free yourself from interruptions.
We all get 168 hours each week, but it never feels like enough, does it? Work takes up the lion's share, many professionals work as much as 70 hours each week, leaving less and less margin for rest, exercise, family, and friends. If we're not careful, we can trade what matters most for a task list that grows larger by the day. What's the solution?
In Free to Focus, New York Times bestselling author Michael Hyatt divulges nine proven ways to win at work so you are finally free to succeed at the rest of your life: your health, relationships, and more. He helps you:
- Redefine your work so it works for you
- Filter your tasks and commitments
- Cut out the nonessentials
- Eliminate interruptions and distractions
- Set boundaries that protect your focus and drive results
- Leverage your time and energy for maximum productivity
- Build momentum for a lifetime of success
Many people think productivity is about finding or saving time, but it's really about making your time work for you. Imagine having margin and free time again. It's not just some dream. You can be free to focus, starting today.
Step 1: Stop
- Formulate: Decide What You Want
- Evaluate: Determine Your Course
- Rejuvenate: Reenergize Your Mind and Body
Step 2: Cut
- Eliminate: Flex Your No Muscle
- Automate: Subtract Yourself from the Equation
- Delegate: Clone Yourself—or Better
Step 3: Act
- Consolidate: Plan Your Ideal Week
- Designate: Prioritize Your Tasks
- Activate: Beat Interruptions and Distractions