Explore a practical and refreshing theology of money that includes topical and Scriptural indexes, a study guide, and five helpful appendixes.
Randy Alcorn delivers a biblical and comprehensive view of money and possessions, including the following:
- Why is money so important to God?
- How can we be liberated from materialism?
- What should we do about debt?
- How much does God want us to give?
- What about gambling? Investing? Insurance? Saving? Retirement? Inheritance?
Who would want to settle for fleeting treasures on earth, when God provides everlasting treasures in heaven? Now is the time to rethink our perspectives on money and possessions. In this thoroughly researched classic, Randy Alcorn reveals how to view these things accurately, as God's provision for our good, the good of others, and His glory.
Part One: The Challenge of Money and Possessions
- Money: Why Is It So Important to God?
- The Weakness of Asceticism
- The Nature of Materialism
- The Dangers of Materialism
- Materialism in the Church
- Prosperity Theology: The Gospel of Wealth
Part Two: Seeing Money and Possessions in Eternity's Light
- Two Treasuries, Two Perspectives, Two Masters
- The Steward's Eternal Destiny
- The Steward's Eternal Rewards
- The Pilgrim Mentality
Part Three: Giving and Sharing Our Money and Possessions
- Tithing: The Training Wheels of Giving
- Giving: Reciprocating God's Grace
- Helping the Poor and Reaching the Lost
- Ministry Finances and Fund-Raising: Special Ethical Concerns
Part Four: Handling Our Money and Possessions
- Making Money, Owning Possessions, and Choosing a Lifestyle
- Debt: Borrowing and Lending
- Saving, Retiring, and Insuring
- Gambling, Investing, and Leaving Money
- Battling Materialism in the Christian Family
- Teaching Children about Money and Possessions
- Conclusion: Where Do We Go From Here?