In the midst of our chaotic times, you can explore five forgotten values that can fuel growth and help us reconcile our Christian faith with the complexities of race, sexuality, and social justice.
Many believers live in a state of being a Christian without ever being deeply formed by Christ. We move at too fast a pace to be in union with God, and we don't know how to quiet our hearts and minds to be present. Our emotions are unhealthy and compartmentalized. We feel like we are unable to love well or live differently from the rest of the world, to live as people of the good news.
Rich Villodas, a New York pastor, says we need to restore balance, focus, and meaning for our souls. The Deeply Formed Life sets out a fresh vision for spiritual breakthrough following five key values:
- Contemplative Rhythms Value: slowing down our lives to be with God
- Racial Justice Value: examining a multi-layered approach to pursuing racial justice and reconciliation.
- Interior Examination Value: looking beneath the surface of our lives to live free and love well.
- Sexual Wholeness Value: exploring how our sexuality connects with our spirituality.
- Missional Presence Value: living as the presence of Christ in a broken world.
The Deeply Formed Life is your roadmap to live in the richly rooted place we all yearn for: a place of communion with God, a place where we find our purpose.