The most important question Jesus ever asked was, "Who do you say that I am?"
The True Jesus turns to the historically reliable gospel accounts of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John to answer this question. David Limbaugh, #1 New York Times bestselling author, contends that only through the gospel accounts do we come face-to-face with the Son of God. Experience the sublime teachings, miraculous actions, and divine essence through a renewed perspective of the Scripture.
Through this book, Limbaugh blends the four Gospel stories into a unified account. While it is not a perfect harmony, he guides readers through a faith journey of the Four Evangelists' testimonies of the life of Jesus. Along the way you will gain Limbaugh's insights on Jesus' words and deeds. In The True Jesus, you will discover:
- Why even the apostles failed to completely understand Jesus' true identity and mission until after His crucifixion
- The real basis for the rejection of Jesus' message by skeptics in His hometown and elsewhere
- The historical events preceding Jesus' birth that providentially paved the way for Christianity
- How Jesus' message utterly contradicted modern attempts to portray Him as being non-judgmental
Limbaugh's heart for the Gospels fills the pages of The True Jesus, which is both a primer for new Bible readers and an outstanding guide to the Gospels for long-time believers. Who is really the true Jesus? Open this book and begin your journey toward the answer.
Part I: Backdrop To The Greatest Story Ever Told
- The Overlooked Era: Life Between the Old and New Testaments
- New Testament Basics: Building Blocks of the Revelation
- Miraculous: The Literary Wonder of the New Testament
- The Gospels: Four Perspectives, One Message
Part II: A Visit From God
- From Jesus' Birth to His Initial Teachings
- From "Catching Men" to the Golden Rule
- From Healing a Centurion's Servant to Confrontations with Pharisees
- From the Transfiguration to an Argument over Abraham
- From Healing a Blind Man to Mary's Ointment
- From the Plot to Kill Lazarus to Peter's Ill-Fated Vow
- From Jesus' Reassurance to Pilate's Judgment
- From the Flogging of Jesus to His Ascension