Mark Batterson, New York Times bestselling author of Chase the Lion, shares seven powerful habits for success that will help you tackle the present in order to accomplish your God-sized goals.
Mark Batterson knows from personal experience that big deficits and seemingly insurmountable odds are only transformed into bright futures through consistent, persistent effort. It’s the small daily habits that change the trajectory of everything that follows. For the first time ever, Batterson publicly shares his seven key habits to winning each and every day. In Win the Day, you will learn to:
- Flip the Script: If you want to change your life, change your story.
- Kiss the Wave: The obstacle is not the enemy; the obstacle is the way.
- Eat the Frog: If you want God to do the super, you’ve got to do the natural.
- Fly the Kite: How you do anything is how you’ll do everything.
- Cut the Rope: Playing it safe is risky.
- Wind the Clock: Time is measured in minutes; life is measured in moments.
- Seize the Day: Live like it’s the first day and last day of your life.
Batterson unpacks these habits and shows how they are rooted in Scripture and experience and then teaches you how to pursue them with dedication and life-changing focus in the now. After all, if yesterday is history and tomorrow is mystery, then all you have to do is win today!
- Part One: Bury Dead Yesterdays
- Habit 1: Flip the Script
- Chapter 1: Signature Story
- Chapter 2: Ambidexterity
- Habit 2: Kiss the Wave
- Chapter 3: The Obstacle Is The Way
- Chapter 4: Postimagining
- Part Two: Win The Day
- Habit 3: Eat the Frog
- Chapter 5: Habit Sucking
- Chapter 6: The Mundanity of Excellence
- Habit 4: Fly the Kite
- Chapter 7: Make Each Day a Masterpiece
- Chapter 8: Kaizen
- Part Three: Imagine Unborn Tomorrows
- Habit 5: Cut the Rope
- Chapter 9: The Adjacent Possible
- Chapter 10: The Grand Gesture
- Habit 6: Wind the Clock
- Chapter 11: Counterclockwise
- Chapter 12: Persistence Hunting
- Habit 7: Seed the Clouds
- Chapter 13: Now or Never
- Epilogue The Game with Minutes