Could we be missing the point of our romantic pursuits? What if being in love is an insufficient reason for getting married? What if dating is more of an opportunity to serve the One who loves you the most than an effort to find "the one"?
In The Sacred Search, Gary Thomas challenges readers to think beyond finding a "soul mate" and to search for a "sole mate"--someone who will help you along your spiritual journey. If we are confused about why to marry, then we will also be confused about who to marry. The Sacred Search will help you to build a relationship around a shared spiritual mission and make a marriage with eternity at its heart.
- A Tale of Two Tears
- The Great Exception
- Vulnerable and Stupid
- You Don't Want What You Think You Want
- Soul Mate or Sole Mate?
- A Match Made In Heaven? Isaac and Rebekah
- The Religious Romance Lottery
- Passive Surrender or Passionate Pursuit?: Compelling Reasons To Get Married
- What's Your Style?
- Are You Strong Enough To Be My (Wo)Man?
- Making A Marriage
- Something You Must Agree About
- You're Looking For a Complement, Not A Clone
- What You Don't Know Really Can Hurt You
- A Neurochemical War Against Your Reasoning
- Problem People
- Why You Won't Know Your Wife Until She Turns Thirty-Five
- What About You? How Would Jesus Date?
- Mercy Marriages