Lysa TerKeurst, New York Times bestselling author, exposes her vulnerable heart amid shattering circumstances to teach readers how to live with assurance when life doesn't go as expected.
Life often looks drastically different from the reality we want. Lysa TerKeurst knows this all too well. She's also learned that whether we're facing daily disappointments or life-altering loss, we can discover unexpected strength as we wrestle through our faith and feelings.
It's Not Supposed To Be This Way presents a safe guide, fresh biblical insight, and life-giving perspectives for living in our time between Eden and eternity. Lysa uses grit, vulnerability, and honest humor to help readers:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train themselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so they can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give them more than they can handle.
- Shift their suspicion that God is cruel or reckless to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing them.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help them navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.