The second book in a new series that brings the experiences of favorite Bible characters to challenges of contemporary life.
Contemporary "success" is often defined in financial terms or by number of Twitter followers. But for women of faith, success is so much more. And it turns out the timeless qualities of success are exemplified by women on the pages of their favorite book, the Bible.
Deborah's model leadership is just as relevant today as it was in the age of the Hebrew judges. Esther's courage to stand up for a cause, Miriam's joyful support of others, Priscilla's exemplary partnership skill, Lydia's business acumen, and other characteristics of women in the Bible are embodied in lively storytelling.
Busy Christian women--often working and raising a family--crave examples of success. Here are distilled principles they can use to succeed in today's noisy culture. The lessons of these icons of the faith apply, even in the age of Facebook and Instagram.
- Miriam: Successful women are joyful supporters and praise leaders.
- Deborah: Successful women are wise leaders.
- Hagar: Successful women trust in God even when life is unfair and difficult.
- Esther: Successful women stand up for a cause.
- Daughters of Zelophehad: Successful women come together for good.
- Mary and Martha: Successful women can complement each other.
- Lois and Eunice: Successful women influence the next generation.
- Mary Magdalene: Successful women live redeemed lives--because of and in spite of our past.
- Priscilla: Successful women can be secure partners with men.
- Lydia: Successful women can handle their business.