Dr. Amen's groundbreaking new book is for everyone who wants to feel happier, more optimistic, more joyful, and resilient.
We have all felt anxious, sad, traumatized, grief-stricken, stressed, angry, and hopeless at some point in life. It's entirely normal to go through an emotional crisis from time to time, or even have periods when you feel panicked or out of sorts. What makes all the difference in how you feel is the way you respond to these challenges. Unfortunately, many people are prone to self-medicating behaviors, such as overeating, drugs, alcohol, risky sexual behavior, anger, or wasting time on mindless TV, video games, Internet surfing, or shopping. While these behaviors may provide temporary relief, they can prolong or exacerbate the problems, leading to more serious issues.
Is it really possible to feel better, and make it last?
Renowned physician, psychiatrist, brain-imaging researcher, and founder of Amen Clinics, Dr. Daniel Amen realizes how critical it is for you to know what will help you feel better fast, now and later. In Feel Better Fast and Make It Last, you'll find new, powerful brain-based strategies to quickly gain control over anxiety, worry, sadness, stress, and anger, strengthening your resilience and giving you joy and purpose for a lifetime.
Part 1: B Is For Brain
- Use Your Brain to Rescue Your Mind and Body: Quick Techniques When Life Feels Out of Control
- The Missing Strategy: Boosting Brain Health Can Make You Feel Great Now and for a Lifetime
- Control Yourself: Boost the Brain's Executive Center to Make Great Decisions and Avoid Ones That Ruin Your Life
- Change Is Easy--If You Know How To Do It: Turn Your Ruts into Superhighways of Success
Part 2: R Is For Rational Mind
- Master Your Rational Mind: How to Feel Happy and Present, While Conquering Worry and Negativity
Part 3: A Is For Attachments
- Healing Connections: How to Improve Any Relationship
- Overcoming Trauma and Grief: Eliminate the Hurts That Haunt You
Part 4: I Is For Inspiration
- Create Immediate and Lasting Joy: Protect Your Brain's Pleasure Centers to Live with Passion and Purpose and Avoid Addictions and Depression
Part 5: N Is For Nourishment
- The Feel Better Fast Diet: Foods That Help You Feel Great Now and Later
- Advanced and Brain-Type Nutraceuticals: A Personalized, Targeted Approach to Getting the Nutrients You Need
Part 6: X Is For The X Factor
- Think Different: 10 Practical Lessons from 150,000 Brain Scans
Part 7: L Is For Love
- Love Is Your Secret Weapon: Doing the Right Thing Is the Ultimate Act of Love for Self and Others