Pregnancy counselors, and those who need help, will find a road map for assisting women who are in the midst of a pregnancy crisis within this book.
One of the primary obstacles for pregnancy crisis intervention is finding ways to uphold the humanity of the unborn, affirm the woman in crisis, and eventually reach a life-affirming solution for both. It's profoundly challenging, yet ultimately rewarding for all involved. This book was made to help you know with confidence what to do and say when it matters most.
Within the field of counseling overall, there is crisis assessment, intervention, and management. Since traumatic events vary so widely, crisis counseling has specialized guidelines for specific crisis events: sexual assault, domestic violence, suicide, military reentry, and others. This book focuses on pregnancy-related crisis and effective intervention.
- Introduction The Need for Wise Engagement
- Starting Points in What to Do and Say When It Matters Most
- Understanding Crisis and the Woman in a Pregnancy-Related Crisis
- Understanding Who You Are in the Intervention Process
- When You Meet Together
- Grounding Your Counseling in Informed Consent
- Understanding Pregnancy Crisis Intervention as a Process
- Effective Crisis Interventions Skills