Victor Torres spent some of his teen years as a gang warlord and heroin addict in New York City. It was through the ministry efforts of David Wilkerson and Nicky Cruz that Victor experienced a life-changing encounter with Jesus Christ. Over the last forty-five years Victor has helped tens of thousands of young men and women discover freedom from drug addiction and gang life. Now he will provide answers to some of your most challenging questions about your addicted loved one. He doesn't pull punches or promise easy answers. Victor sheds light on this tough topic through wisdom and expertise that can lead to success.
Some of the questions covered in Reaching Your Addicted Loved One include:
- How can I know if my loved one has a substance abuse problem?
- How can I tell the difference between helping and enabling?
- What if my loved one refuses to get help?
- When should I call the police?
- What should we look for in a treatment program?
- What can I expect when my loved one comes out of treatment?
- How do I prepare for relapse?
God created your loved ones for a better life, not be an addict or a loser. While it may seem like you are losing your loved one, they still have a God-given destiny and purpose. No matter how bleak it may seem, there is always hope.