What can you do when you feel like giving up is the best option?
Remember the day you said, "I do." You were entering into marriage at that moment with high hopes that it would be happy.
You never dreamed it would be miserable.
Millions of couples today are struggling through desperate marriages. The story doesn't have to end there. Dr. Gary Chapman says, “I believe that in every troubled marriage, one or both partners can take positive steps that have the potential for changing the emotional climate in their marriage.”
Loving Your Spouse When You Feel Like Walking Away, the revised and updated edition of the award-winning Desperate Marriages, teaches couples how to:
- Recognize and reject the myths that hold you captive
- Better understand your spouse’s behavior
- Take responsibility for your own thoughts, feelings, and actions
- Make choices that can have a lasting, positive impact on you and your spouse
Marriage has the same potential to be miserable as it does to be blissful. Follow the advice of the experienced marriage and family counselor Gary Chapman to see how you can turn your situation around.
Part 1: When You're Desperate
- The Valley of Pain
- Where You Start: Attitude and Actions
- Why Did He Do That?
Part 2: Apathetic Spouses
- The Irresponsible Spouse
- The Workaholic Spouse
- The Depressed Spouse
Part 3: Abusive Spouses
- The Controlling Spouse
- The Verbally Abusive Spouse
- The Physically Abusive Spouse
- The Sexually Abused/Sexually Abusive Spouses
Part 4: Disconnected Spouses
- The Uncommunicative Spouse
- The Unfaithful Spouse
- The Alcoholic/Drug-Abusing Spouse