Dream big, pray hard, and think long together.
Marriage is your most sacred human relationship, and prayer is the most powerful way to transform it. Learn the relational truths in the legend of Honi the Circle Maker, a man bold enough to draw a circle in the sand and not leave it until God answered his impossible prayer. The commitment made in a sacred circle of marriage requires the same kind of boldness and resolve as the Circle Maker. Honi's prayer saved a generation, and your prayers can transform your relationship.
Praying Circles around Your Marriage draws from the life-changing principles Mark Batterson outlined in his New York Times bestselling book The Circle Maker. Pastor Joel and Nina Schmidgall, who serve with Mark at National Community Church, join Mark in sharing personal stories, Scripture, and practical insight. Discover seven key prayer circles for your marriage: Vision Circle, Romance Circle, War Circle, Dance Circle, Support Circle, Storm Circle, and Legacy Circle. Through these circles you will:
- Discover your shared vision and find a new combined purpose together
- Turn the tables on conflict and access the gift of being known
- Be a student of your spouse and ensure a connected and intimate relationship
- Build a foundation for your marriage that will help you weather the trials that are sure to come
- Learn to draw a larger circle around your marriage so that your unified purpose can be a blessing to others
The truth is, what your marriage will become is determined by how you pray. Bold prayers honor God, and God honors bold prayers. Praying Circles around Your Marriage will empower you and your spouse to identify your greatest dreams for the most important relationship in your life, and pray the kind of audacious prayers in which God finds delight.
Your life together can leave a legacy for future generations. It's time to start circling.