The Language of Love & Respect: Cracking the Communication Code with Your Mate, by Emerson Eggerichs
- Author: Emerson Eggerichs
Discover a revolutionary solution to the primary marriage problem.
Why does communication between couples remain the leading marriage issue? “Because,” Dr. Emerson Eggerichs says, “most spouses don’t know that they speak two different languages. They are sending each other messages in ‘code,’ but they won’t crack that code until they see that she listens to hear the language of love and he listens to hear the language of respect.”
Dr. Eggerichs' bestselling book, Love & Respect, launched a revolution in how couples relate to each other. In The Language of Love & Respect, he shares a practical, step-by-step approach to how husbands and wives can learn to speak each other's distinctly different language, respect for him, love for her. The result is mutual understanding and a successful, happy marriage.
Previously released as Cracking the Communication Code.
Part I: A Book Within a Book
- A Short Course on Love and Respect
Part II: Three Vital Truths for Better Communication
- In Marriage, the Mouth Matters
- Not Wrong, Just Different
- Can You Trust Your Spouse's Goodwill? (Can Your Spouse Trust Yours?)
Part III: The Crazy Cycle: A Relentless Enemy of Marital Communication
- Decode--and Stop the Crazy Cycle
- "Ouch! You're Stepping on My Air Hose!"
- Forgiveness: The Ultimate Strategy for Halting the Crazy Cycle
Part IV: The Energizing Cycle: To Better Communicate, Meet Your Spouse's Needs
- Enjoy Win-Win Communication on the Energizing Cycle
- Decode--and Then Use C-H-A-I-R-S to Energize Him
- Decode--and Then Use C-O-U-P-L-E to Energize Her
- Dealing with the Everyday Challenge
- More Strategies for Dealing with Communication Glitches
Part V: The Rewarded Cycle: The Unconditional Dimension of Communication
- Why the Rewarded Cycle Is for Every Marriage—Hot, Cold, or Lukewarm
- The Jesus Way of Talking—Part I Communicating with Love and Respect
- The Jesus Way of Talking—Part II To Love and Respect, Use Truthful, Uplifting, and Forgiving Words
- The Jesus Way of Talking—Part III To Love or Respect: Be Thankful, Scriptural—and Faithful
Item not available in Mardel Stores.
Check your local store for availability.