Coupon may be used for one individual item only. Coupon will reduce the highest item price by 30%. Limit one coupon per customer per day. Must present coupon at time of purchase. EXCLUSIONS: Coupon use is not permitted with any previous purchases, sale price, discounted price, items marked with a yellow “Your Price” sticker, Willow Tree®, Lifeway® Resources, homeschool curriculum, lamination, imprinting, VBS curriculum, candy, snack products, gum, mints, gift cards, or special orders. Cash Value 1/10¢.
Adopting or fostering a child brings a unique set of challenges that only a parent facing the same situation could possibly understand. Sometimes it can be a struggle just getting through the day when you deal with children with traumatic pasts, attachment issues, and kids with special needs.
Mike Berry understands the loneliness and isolation in your unique parenting role because he's been there, and he's still there. He wants to offer hope and encouragement to the struggling adoptive parents.
While there are plenty of how-to guides on parenting, this book stands out in its approach to address the needs of parents with adopted or foster children. Seasoned with a refreshing dose of honesty, empathy, and care, you will learn you are not alone and God has a very special plan for you and your family.
Part 1: You Are Not Alone
- Beginning with Hope: Identifying Your Expectations and Apprehensions
- Jumping Off: The Joy and Struggle of Choosing This Journey
- Learning to Swim: What to Do When You're In Over Your Head
- Me Too: Finding Strength in Relationships
- I Didn't Sign Up for This: Learning to Accept Your New Normal
- The Middle of the Wreckage: Discovering Hope Where You Least Expect It
- You Are Not Alone: The Healing Power of Shared Experience
Part 2: Finding Hope
- The Story of Your Scars: Redefining Failure
- The Voices in Our Heads: Overcoming Spiritual Attacks
- Limping Together: Building an Effective Support System
- Behind Every Cloud: Finding Light in Dark Times
- Legends Versus Legacies: Your Influence Goes Deeper Than You Know
- Remember Jeremiah: God Has a Plan for Your Child
- A Girl Named Renee: The Transforming Power of Love and Compassion