We've seen the enemy, and they're small . . . and unionized.
If ever there were someone who could understand why children behave the way they do it's internationally known psychologist and New York Times bestselling author Dr. Kevin Leman. Implementing the 7 principles of reality discipline, this father of five and grandfather of four unveils a practical, action-oriented game plan to:
- Get kids to listen to parents
- Encourage healthy attitudes and two-way communication
- Turn off temper tantrums, minimize sibling rivalries, and foil finicky eaters
- Put parents back in the driver's seat
- Prompt long-lasting, positive behavior and instill values
- Rear respectful, well-behaved children who become responsible difference makers in the world
Each chapter ends with thought-provoking questions and Dr. Leman's real-life examples. Discover sure-fire techniques for developing a loving, no-nonsense approach to child rearing.
Part 1: Why Reality Discipline Will Work in Your Home
- It's a Jungle Out There! Grab a Vine
- Inconsistency—or How to Raise a Yo-Yo
- It's All in the Eye of the Beholder
- Why Reward and Punishment Don't Work
- "Pull the Rug Out and Let the Little Buzzards Tumble"
- Danger—Super Parent at Work!
- The Way to Be Your Child's Best Friend
- When the Nuclear Family Explodes
- Families Don't Blend, They Collide
Part 2: Using Reality Discipline in the Everyday Hassles
- How to Act When They Act Up
- The Daily Battle
- Winning Ways