You are about to embark on a fantastic journey
If you've ever watched one of those movies where regular people are walking around minding their own business, until without warning their chests burst open and alien life-forms come slithering out, then you know what it's like to suddenly find yourself with a middle-schooler. Your once-peaceful home full of silliness and laughter morphs into the twisted landscape of a forbidding alien world, where moody adolescents drag their claws and moan about . . . well, just about everything.
Welcome to Planet Middle School. Better get comfortable. You'll be here awhile.
Lucky for you, New York Times bestselling author Dr. Kevin Leman successfully navigated Planet Middle School with five children. With his expert guidance, you'll see how you can help your child not only survive but thrive during these turbulent years. Leman shows you how to:
- Understand your child's rapidly expanding world
- Respond rather than react to mood swings
- Tell your child about sex (before someone else tells their version)
- Create opportunities for your child to practice selflessness and gratitude
- Ensure that your kid is one who loves home and family
- And much more
Middle-schoolers can be a strange, unpredictable species. But with a little help from Dr. Leman, you can ride out the interstellar storm with humor and confidence.
- Creature from the Black Lagoon
- Their Expanding Universe
- All Flared Up!
- Survival of the Fittest
- Walking on Polar Ice
- Confronting the Black Hole: Technology at Warp Speed
- Growing Up Way Too Fast
- Becoming a (Gulp) Man/Woman
- Blue Chip or Penny Stocks?
- Understanding Who Your Kid Really Is
- How to Talk So They'll Listen
- Expect the Best, Get the Best
- Raising a "Home" Boy/Girl
- Creating an Attitude of Gratitude
- Raising a Giver in a Gimme Generation