Has technology invaded your home?
In this digital age, children spend more time interacting on screens and less time playing outside, reading a book, or interacting with family. While technology does have its benefits, it also has its harms.
In Screen Kids, Gary Chapman and Arelen Pellicane will equip you with the tools you need to make positive changes. Through stories, science, and wisdom, you will find out how to take back your home from an over dependence on screens. Plus, you will learn how to teach the five A+ skills that every child needs to master: affection, appreciation, anger management, apology, and attention. Learn how to:
- Protect and nurture your child's growing brain
- Establish simple boundaries that make a huge difference
- Recognize the warning signs of gaming too much
- Raise a child who won't gauge success through social media
- Teach your child to be safe online
This newly revised edition includes the latest research and interactive assessments, so you can best confront the issues technology creates in your home. Now is the time to empower your child with a healthy relationship with screens, and an even healthier relationship with others.
Part 1: Kids on Tech
- Screen Time and the Brain
- Screen Time and Relationships
- Screen Time and Safety
- Screen Time and Emotional Health
- Screen Time and the Single Parent
Part 2: The A+ Social Skills
- The A+ Skill of Affection
- The A+ Skill of Appreciation
- The A+ Skill of Anger Management
- The A+ Skill of Apology
- The A+ Skill of Attention
Part 3: Restart Your Home
- Screen Time and You
- Top Ten Questions and Answers