Completely revised and updated, this new edition of Why Pro-Life? presents factual answers to the central issues of the abortion debate in a concise, non-abrasive way. Seasoned with grace and compassion, and grounded in medical science and psychological studies, Randy Alcorn unfolds a solid case for defending both unborn children and their mothers.
Readers will get to examine the many sides of this polarizing issue as they navigate through the pages of this short book. If you are unsure of your position on the abortion debate, this book will be a great resource in exploring the pro-life position. For those who are already pro-life, this book is an encouragement to be intelligently and graciously informed.
Section 1: The Basics
- Why Talk about Abortion?
- Pro-Woman or Pro-Child?
Section 2: The Child
- Are the Unborn Really Human Beings?
- What's the Difference between Egg, Sperm, Embryo, and Fetus?
- Is an Unborn Child Part of the Mother's Body?
- What Do the Pictures Tell Us?
- What Makes a Human Life "Meaningful"?
Section 3: The Woman
- Is Abortion Really a Woman's Rights Issue?
- Do We Have the Right to Choose What We Do with Our Bodies?
- Does Our "Right to Privacy" Include Abortion?
- Does Abortion Harm a Woman's Physical and Mental Health?
- Is Abortion Right When Pregnancy Presents Risks to the Mother's Life?
- Is Abortion Right When Pregnancy Is Due to Rape or Incest?
Section 4: Other Important Issues
- Do Birth Control Pills Cause Abortion?
- What about Disabled and Unwanted Children?
- Does Abortion Prevent Child Abuse?
- Can You Be Personally Opposed to Abortion and Be Pro-Choice?
- What about Adoption?
Section 5: Spiritual Perspectives and Opportunities
- Will God Forgive Abortions?
- Pro-Life Issues: Distraction from the Great Commission or Part of It?
- How Can I Help the Unborn Babies and Their Mothers?